Marathon race, Seward is the southern terminus of the Alaska Railroad. Stroll the waterfront trails of Seward with a magnificent mountain backdrop. Seward Alaska is considered the ‘gateway’ to the Kenai Fjords National Park. Free personal GPS–driven travel guide to Alaska. Hike out to Ton­si­na Point on an old log­ging trail near Miller’s Land­ing. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in December. Plan your journey with this gorgeous printed map.  ...more, Choose a sum­mer dog demon­stra­tion and cart ride, or whisk off by heli­copter for glac­i­er dog sled­ding. Great for­est-to-beach hik­ing trail. Top Things to Do in Seward, Alaska: See Tripadvisor's 29,371 traveller reviews and photos of 36 things to do when in Seward. Go flight­see­ing in a heli­copter out of scenic Seward and enjoy unfor­get­table views of the Kenai Moun­tain Range, Res­ur­rec­tion Bay, and gor­geous glac­i­ers. If you want to get a glimpse into the wildlife that inhabits this region, a … Read next: 11 Stops To Include For The Perfect Alaska Itinerary. This tour oper­a­tor offers stun­ning birds-eye views of the area’s alpine mead­ows, glac­i­ers and fjords, as well as the chance to touch down, explore the ter­rain and even meet sled dogs. Watch close­ly for the sign and pull into the…. You can even com­bine your adven­ture with a jet­boat, heli­copter, or wildlife cruise. So hop on a water taxi in Seward—it’s an easy, inexpensive way to expand the range of potential destinations. What are the top attractions to visit in Seward? Walk the low­er trail to get a good pho­to in front of the glac­i­er face. You’ll get out on the Kenai and Kasilof Rivers, just hours from Anchor­age, with a team that knows where the fish will be run­ning each day. The trail goes from rain for­est to alpine, pass­es by beau­ti­ful water­falls, and small moun­tain lakes, and ends with the beau­ti­ful Marathon Bowl. Fly by heli­copter or ski place to an ancient riv­er of ice for a thrilling glac­i­er explo­ration either hik­ing or…. This steep hike is a bit of a chal­lenge, but it pays off. Or, choose the more chal­leng­ing 7‑mile round-trip Hard­ing Ice­field Trail. Check out the Seward waterfront. This vet­er­an tour oper­a­tor runs a a fleet of fast, mod­ern boats in Res­ur­rec­tion Bay and Kenai Fjords Nation­al Park. Be sure to bring a cam­era and plen­ty of water! Scenic Seward, flanked by rugged mountains to one side and sparkling Resurrection Bay on the other, has a way of luring visitors. Use our calculator to find out, Stay casual, dress in layers, and get proper footwear, Guides to the best locations around the state to view wildlife. Profish-n-sea Char­ters, out of Seward, offers salmon and hal­ibut fish­ing with friend­ly, expe­ri­enced Alaskan guides. Alas­ka Saltwater’s small-group whale watch­ing, wildlife, and glac­i­er tours offer dai­ly excur­sions into the pris­tine Kenai Fjord Nation­al Park. You can even spend the night there in a cabin. Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Seward, Alaska on Tripadvisor: See 58,467 traveller reviews and photos of Seward tourist attractions. You’ll vis­it tide­wa­ter glac­i­ers as you watch for puffins, sea otters, Dall’s por­pois­es, sea lions, and more. Find how many days you need based on what you want to see and do in Alaska. No mat­ter the sea­son, you can always catch some excite­ment in Res­ur­rec­tion Bay! When you go with Seward Wilder­ness Col­lec­tive, you get a great tour plus a dia­logue with their knowl­edge­able guides about the impacts of cli­mate change, with liv­ing exam­ples right in front of your eyes. Through small group sea kayak tours in Res­ur­rec­tion Bay and Kenai Fjords Nation­al Park, they focus on safe­ty, edu­ca­tion, and con­nect­ing guests with the unique and frag­ile ecosys­tems you’ll visit. The trail winds through a spruce and hem­lock for­est into the sub-alpine and alpine zones, with breath­tak­ing panoram­ic views of Res­ur­rec­tion Bay and Seward. Take a small-group kayak­ing trip and get close to glac­i­ers in kayaks or pad­dle­boards while also look­ing for marine mammals. Seward comes ready-made for walking. Seward is the gateway to Kenai Fjords National Park. Located in the southern end of Seward (“old town”), the Alaska … Hike on Root Glacier and experience the vast Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. Self-drive vacations. Visit the Alaska Sealife Center. It’s a very pret­ty place where you can access the beach, make a fire or have a picnic. This is a real­ly good hike for the whole fam­i­ly with gor­geous views of the sur­round­ing moun­tains. First, visit our best things to do in Alaska page for activities that earn the highest marks from our guests year after year. In Seward… This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Marathon. Things to Do in Seward, Alaska: See Tripadvisor's 29,372 traveller reviews and photos of Seward attractions. Marathon. The hike to Ton­si­na Creek, a scenic 3 mile trail that takes about 1 hour in each direc­tion, is a local favorite. You can check out harbor seals, Steller sea lions, puffins, giant octopuses… The Exit Glacier Guides offers … Highlights plus less visited destinations. Walk­ing trails link two small lakes through the old growth trees. Unfortunately, it rained two of the three days, but I still found plenty of things to do in Seward… Though the first part of the route is very runnable, the next 1.5 miles climb Mount Marathon and are too steep and rocky for most to run. Much like the Mount Marathon trail, this hike is a lit­tle stren­u­ous. And Major Marine’s ves­sels, which have cozy heat­ed cab­ins and an out­door view­ing area, can take you out to see both. Go with Kenai Fjords Tours and a fleet of fast, mod­ern boats takes you to tide­wa­ter glac­i­ers as you…. Tra­verse the majesty of Exit Glac­i­er by ice hik­ing or ice climb­ing, or opt for a nature hike in the…. Types of Things to Do in Seward Tours (71) Outdoor Activities (66) Boat Tours & Water Sports (47) Nature & Parks (18) Transportation (10) Shopping (8) Sights & Landmarks (4) Museums (4) Nightlife (3) Spas & Wellness (2) Zoos & Aquariums (1) Traveller Resources … It’s an easy way to experience the thrill of seeing a glacier and hear it crackling. Named after William H. Seward, who was responsible for bringing Alaska into the United States, Seward … Want a view? Profish-n-Sea knows the three keys to catch­ing fish: boats, knowl­edge, and gear. Also, because it is part of a trail sys­tem, this makes for an excel­lent day trip. Many peo­ple know of the gru­el­ing Mount Marathon race­course in Seward, some 130 miles south of Anchor­age. 7-10 days is the most common. In Alaska, car-accessible trailheads are just the beginning of the adventure—after all, most places in Alaska are only accessible by boat or plane. Love music? Spot dog salmon com­ing in and salmon berries sprout­ing along the hill­side. Guides have over 30 years of experience. It’s easy, and unde­ni­ably thrilling. more. Seward Boat Harbour. You'll be rewarded with stunning views of Seward after trekking up Mt. As part of my 2-month trip to Alaska, I spent three full days in Seward, Alaska. Shimmering water backed by snow-capped peaks make for an iconic Alaskan view, and you’ll pass many monuments and landmarks along the trail.