Range long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level). Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no. ). The definition of "creature" is actually in the rules (shame on me for not knowing by heart): " … All of my examples can also be found there, along with a few others. Without this exception, the polymorph any object spell inherits from the greater polymorph the opening sentence of the polymorph spell: "This spell transforms a willing creature into an animal, humanoid or elemental of your choosing." The duration of the spell depends on how radical a change is made from the original state to its transmuted state. The new form can range in size from Diminutive to one size larger than the subject's normal form. This is clearly not true, as it says in the last lines of the spell it can duplicate the effects of multiple spells. MAINTENANCE WARNING: Possible downtime early morning Dec 2, 4, and 9 UTC…, Revisit: Is “5e” a clear enough statement of game system by a question asker…. ft./level; Duration see text; Saving Throw Fortitude negates (object); see text; Spell Resistance yes (object) This spell functions like greater polymorph, except that it changes one object or creature into another. Foresight 6. A dead body is not a valid target for a baleful polymorph, only for polymorph any object. Dominate Monster 4. | Here Be Monsters People also often claim the target must be willing, but as baleful polymorph can be replicated, this too must be false. Attempting to find a certain item requires a specific and accurate mental image; if the image is not close enough to the actual object, the spell fails. Completely Insane (Su) : At 15th level, you can induce a form of euphoric insanity within yourself. Any Strikes specifically granted by a polymorph effect are magical. Polymorph Any Object. Imprisonment 9. - The wording of the spell is open to interpretation, and I submit the many examples of people interpreting it differently as proof of my claim. The developers haven't commented extensively on the polymorph any object spell so I can't really address the third issue. Pathfinder Card Game, Companion Subscriber Said Wizard could work with their GM to research an Inevitable Shape spell though that did grant those powers - but doing it with Polymorph Any Object wouldn't grant anything above and beyond. I'm not even sure what the other interpretations are, to tell you truth. Magic items aren’t affected by this spell. The duration is determined by using the following guidelines. Oct 20, 2018 @ 11:42am and I did successfully dispel it. Trailblazer, a lesser known offshoot of 3.5E (but, I think, better than Pathfinder), actually approached this. However, based on these answers; Answer 1,Answer 2, Answer 3,Answer 4 the exact abilities this spell has are not clear. In general, damage occurs when the new form is changed through physical force. A caster that casts the spell polymorph any object can pick to have the spell come into effect in one of two modes: With that out of the way, let me address the specific issues: The polymorph any object spell when it comes into effect in the normal mode has the same limits as the greater polymorph spell except that the poymorph any object spell functions as follows: Almost everything else about greater polymorph applies to polymorph any object (but see below). adamantine, silver, etc.) All Discussions Screenshots Artwork Broadcasts Videos News Guides Reviews ... Polymorph happened at castle of knives #8. stipelmb. Screen 18. What does the phrase, a person (who) is “a pair of khaki pants inside a Manila envelope” mean? New Pages This website uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Inc., which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. They wanted it to inherit some attributes from. Legal Information/Open Game License, Fan Labs Components V, S, M/DF (mercury, gum arabic, and smoke) Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels) Target one creature, or one nonmagical object of up to 100 cu. Recent Changes Damage taken by the new form can result in the injury or death of the polymorphed creature. 2.) Does the spell function only as other polymorph spells, and if so, which ones? Some people believe you are only limited to the forms in Greater Polymorph, while others believe that it is like the 3.5 version where you could transform into anything.