Blot the peel on paper towels to remove any excess oil. As a resident of Montreuil-sur-Mer in Pas de Calais, I am a regular visitor to Le Touquet, just 10 miles away on the Opal coast. Typically a rum liqueur is defined by vibrant but complementary flavours which are added to classic rum notes such as rich spices, supple caramel or honeyed sweetness. By Karen Burns-Booth of award winning food blog Lavender and Lovage where you’ll find loads more fabulous recipes! 8 oranges, unwaxed. This vibrant orange liqueur is wonderful served over ice, ice cream, with soda water or lemonade or when splashed into or onto festive fare. By The Good Housekeeping Cookery Team And while there are many things to love about my native land such as the great customer service and ample freezer […], Sarah Daly hops on an electric bike and works up an appetite for a dining experience with a difference. Leroy is but he must be quite the winemaker. It’s an historic area in the department of Allier in Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes. For Jessica B. Harris, the holidays come with rum and clementines. And if it’s a hot day, there’s sure to be a Frenchman or two sitting at a table watching the world go by […], Armagnac is the most ancient French eau-de-vie. Garnish with a cherry and/or your choice of sliced fresh fruits. Rum liqueurs make for an interesting alternative to whisky or gin liqueurs and can be enjoyed over ice or splashed in a cocktail. Many products featured on this site were editorially chosen. I use two 500ml Kilner jars. Clementine-Rum Liqueur. Add 2 cups vodka. Add rum; cover and let stand 8 to 12 hours. You think to yourself, I don’t know who this Msr. When I decided to make Oranges in Liqueur I realised that this was the day. *To make simple syrup… Combine zest, dried orange peels, brandy, and vodka in a small sealable container. Add sugar, rum and wine – again, dividing it equally. Featured In: Make Orange-Rum Liqueur to Give the Gift of Caribbean Tradition. Orange liqueur Home-made spirits like this orange liqueur are easy to make - just marinate pared fruit zest in a bottle with sugar, rum and wine. Aunt Clara. To make those perfect Margaritas you need very good quality Orange Liqueurs such as Cointreau.Unfortunately, a bottle of Cointreau costs around Rs.3000/- in India which is really atrocious. Look closer and you’ll see one name pop up over and over—Leroy. All rights reserved. The recipe is simple: Rhum agricole, a caramel-y rum distilled from sugarcane juice rather than molasses, is combined with the peels of bright, sweet citrus fruits, usually clementines. Triple Sec is also a very good choice for a cheaper price. Pour vodka over the orange peels and close the jar with a lid. It’s […], Life as an expat in France can be a little bit odd at times… Promenading is a popular “sport” in France. For Jessica B. Harris, the holidays come with rum and clementines. Make many bottles, and gift them to your friends or family. Now strain the rum punch into a Hurricane glass over fresh ice. Mandarin Orange Liqueur Recipe. After 10 days, strain the liqueur through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove all the coffee granules and the vanilla bean. Curacao can also do the trick but has a more bitter flavor. Deep in the hear of rural southern France, it’s like the land that time forgot. I love its bustling atmosphere, clean sandy beach, colourful beach huts […], We talk to chef and author Lisa Baker Morgan who splits her life between Los Angeles and Paris. Salud! In a 1 gal – 3 lt bottle with a large bottleneck insert the orange zest, the cinnamon and the cloves and pour in the alcohol. A smooth, not-too-sweet mixture of cold-brewed coffee, brown-sugar simple syrup, If you look at a list of the most expensive wines in the world you’ll see it stuffed with beauties from France. A vegetable peeler is a good substitute, but you will need to do a bit more cutting to get the rind into small shards. Its amber color reveals fruity and surprising aromas. King Louis XIV saying “I am the state” or Napoleon’s “An army travels on its stomach” are known around the world. It looks stunning when decanted into pretty bottles with all the decorative trimmings like bows, tags, labels, dried flowers etc. The Best Orange Liqueur Rum Recipes on Yummly | Hot Coffee Cocktail W/rum, Orange Liqueur, And Amaretto Cream, Orange Liqueur Cookies, Orange Liqueur Brownie Bites pitcher. Whilst the liqueur is maturing, give the jars/bottles a good shake once or twice a week. A Bonnier Corporation Company. Put the peel in a 4 cup screw-top jar. Seal the jars and give them a good shake. This year we decided to experiment with cranberries, because we look forward to cranberry season and make so … Here is an easy recipe for you to experiment. During our last outing with friends, we had some amazing stock of Tequila but no Cointreau ( and the outcome was cocktails with fruit juices alone that spoiled good grade Tequila) The Abyss, After Dinner Cocktail, After Supper Cocktail, Afterburner, Aquarium, and more It then consisted of […], Although I live in America, I’m a hardcore Francophile. 1 bottle dry white wine I listen to French podcasts, sip French wine, and have seen every episode of House Hunters International that’s set in France like a dozen times. 300g (10 ozs) golden caster sugar 50 cocktails with orange liqueur that you can mix from what's already is in your bar. Stir and garnish with a slice of orange, a cherry and a chunk of cantaloupe. Making Your Own Coffee & Orange Chocolate Rum Liqueur Few ingredients have the alluring and enticing power of coffee, oranges and chocolate. I dissolved a half cup of sugar in a half cup of water and then added it to this mixture, however this produced a liqueur with a very high alcohol content (I used Everclear). Wandering along a Paris street, admiring the buildings, the alluring cafés, the Eiffel Tower is one of life’s greatest pleasures. 44 Orange Liqueur Recipe: While researching orange liqueurs, I came across a basic recipe for one called "44 Orange" and had to try it. For a touch of exoticism and more, Tamure Dream is also available with a Tahitian vanilla pod. Put all the ingredients except the garnishes in a cocktail shaker with ice. And, if you love quotes, you’ll enjoy these fun France sayings from around the world… “How can you govern a country that has 246 varieties of cheese?”—Charles […]. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. Combine 1 ounce orange liqueur with 4 ounces Champagne or good quality sparkling wine. Slice oranges, and place in a 2-qt. Ex: Blue Citrus, GMC Pickup, Port Royal, Flora, Slaber Place all ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice and stir until chilled. Tamure Dream, a rum with wild orange liqueur. Shake until well mixed and chilled. Peel large strips of zest from the oranges with a vegetable peeler. Putting them together in the form of a liqueur produces something simply sublime. Homemade orange liqueur – it’s deliciously sunny, makes for a great gift and a scrumptious treat. 600ml dark rum (a little less than 3 cups) Divide the orange zest between two sterilised jars or wide necked bottles I sometimes dry the orange peel in a cool oven overnight and add it to sugar to be used for cakes and pies, or add it to stews and daubes etc. Store in a cool, dark place for 2 days or until the vodka has absorbed the flavor.