These flapjacks look so good, yum!! These soft, chewy and cakey banana flapjack are my answer to the need for quick, easy and healthier snack for my kids. The reason why these lovely flapjacks are healthier is because of substantially reduced butter and lack of refined sugars (not if you decide to use golden syrup instead of honey though). A simple and sophisticated flapjack thats sweetness is brought to you by the delicious accompaniment of bananas and dates. Dates – Another fantastic source of natural sweetness and fibre and my favourite are organic medjool dates*. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Then this is mixed with oats, which results in an amazingly healthy sweet, soft and chewy satisfying Banana and Peanut Butter Flapjack. The flapjacks are an excellent source of energy with bananas and dried fruit providing the sweetness. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Transfer the mixture into the lined baking tray and spread to an even thickness. October 06, 2020 at 2:45 pm. I’m Jo and this blog is where I share lots of simple, family friendly recipes we enjoy eating and now you can easily recreate at home. This is possibly the easiest recipe ever. Quick & easy to make these are perfect treats for kids & adult lunchboxes or even as breakfast on the go! Jo x. I love banana and could eat it every day!! Vegan Lemon Drizzle Flapjacks Art of Healthy Living. Carefully turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool before cutting into 12 equal-sized squares. For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. No probs, this recipe is perfect. They travel well, making them great for lunchboxes. Alternatively, you can freeze these well wrapped for up to 3 months. My kids love these which makes me really happy as they are good for them!:). Tip the oats, the dried fruit and the seeds into a large bowl. https://www.delish.com/uk/cooking/recipes/a30268719/healthy-flapjack-recipe Rate. They keep kids full and happy. Great for lunchboxes…and after school snacks. Dark chocolate. Remove from the heat and … Honey might not be refined, but still counts as added sugars. Ingredients: 2 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed up well with a fork 150g whole porridge oats 150ml skimmed milk Half a tsp cinnamon or nutmeg as you prefer Half a tablespoon sukrin gold (or alternative sweetener) Frylight Method: 1. If you don’t have any to hand but still want to make the flapjacks, simply increase the amount of bananas to 300g. My grandkids would love this and my daughter would approve such a healthy treat. May I also add that both myself and hubby love these as breakfast on the go! Reply. Edible, Recipes, Running, Snacks, The Running Mummy Healthy Banana & Honey Flapjacks. Tastes fantastic but not necessarily a healthy … So, with that in mind, here's some of our favourite flapjack recipes that just as delicious as they are healthy! Flapjacks without banana slices on top can be stored in the airtight container for up to 4 days or you can freeze them for up to 3 months. This was way easier than I thought it would be to make and so tasty! I’m so pleased you enjoyed them! Transfer the flapjack dough into a 20 cm (7.8 inches) square baking tray lined with parchment paper flattening it down with a spatula (1). We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. Slice the remaining banana into 9 pieces and press these evenly across the top of the flapjack mixture. Nice work, can’t wait to give them a go. Let them soak and soften for 5 minutes or so. Traditional flapjacks use a large amount of butter, sugar and golden syrup (another form of sugar). Absolutely amazing only question where does the cinnamon go?! Yes oats are good for you but your average flapjack is made with bucketloads of butter, sugar and golden syrup. Most of the time I tend to leave these out unless I know that they will be devoured within that time as we will be sharing them with friends during playdates, days out etc. Found in Maverick Baking's recipe for Banana Coconut Flapjacks, they also help to make for a particularly satisfying chewy texture. Ingredients. Easy Baked Oats. Hope that helps. What a delicious recipe! Jun 7, 2019 - Explore Jessie House's board "Banana flapjack" on Pinterest. Hi Judit, How exciting! See more ideas about Food, Flapjack, Banana flapjack. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. They are perfect not only for lunchboxes but also as after school snack and during days out when they need something not too naughty to keep them going. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3. x, Your email address will not be published. I love this idea Jo. Healthy and nutritious banana and peanut butter flapjacks sweetened with honey. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, Crunchie Chocolate Shortbreads Are SO Moreish. They are here to keep a good balance of naughty and healthy treats. Put dates in a small bowl and cover them with few tablespoons of freshly boiled water. Biscuits. You can also come and say hello over on my Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest, Cook Blog Share with Recipes Made Easy and Everyday Healthy Recipes, Cook Once Eat Twice, Brilliant Blog Posts. This soft flapjack recipe … These Are The Cutest Gingerbread Cookies EVER, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Hi Scarlett, I’m so pleased to hear that and added blueberries sound delicious! Having read the reviews I am really looking forward to it! Chocolate Flapjack Recipe: Add in 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate into the batter before baking. Set aside. Thanks for letting me know and I’m super chuffed you like the flapjacks! Also you have 70g of butter, which is not healthy…, Hi Darie, Thank you for your comment. . x, I love recipes that use up over ripe bananas Jo, because every week I have some I my fruit bowl! They are perfect when you are short on time but need sustenance! These flapjacks are perfect for lunch boxes and my kids love them. When you look at traditional flapjack recipes packed full of refined sugars with added golden syrup on top and double or sometimes even triple the amount of butter to what I’ve used in this recipe then yes I do consider them healthy. Next up, these healthy smoothie recipes are just waiting to … Nothing beats a good old chocolate flapjack. So … What a great idea to use up bananas to sweeten them. (function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[2]='LNAME';ftypes[2]='text';fnames[3]='ADDRESS';ftypes[3]='address';fnames[4]='PHONE';ftypes[4]='phone';fnames[5]='BIRTHDAY';ftypes[5]='birthday';fnames[7]='MMERGE7';ftypes[7]='text';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true); Have you tried my Healthy Banana Flapjacks?