Guitar Center Gear Credit Card Cons: Purchase APR is 29.99%; Minimum Interest Charge is $2. 36 months 0% APR 2 With credit approval, use your Micro Center Insider® credit card for 36 months with 0% APR. I used it a few more times but always paid it off and it worked out really well. Just make sure you can afford it. Retailer of music instrument. With Affirm, you can buy and receive your purchase now, and pay for it in fixed monthly installments over the course of 3, 6, 12, 18, 24, or 36 months. Guitar Center, which owns nearly 300 stores across the country, said business operations will continue without any interruption. I told him I would think about it and get back to him tomorrow (they now have the guitar on temporary hold for me). Netflix loses leading video position to YouTube in survey of 9,500 teens. Most orders are eligible for free shipping. That is how they make their money. The best place to start if you're new is right below in our "Rules" section. 15% off (3 days ago) guitar center coupon code: 15% Off Single Qualifying Product (Minimum Order: $199+) at Guitar Center.Double click on the link to get the best deals for your payment via 'guitar center coupon code: 15% Off Single Qualifying Product (Minimum Order: $199+) at Guitar Center', please remember to come back every week … New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Its good to "sleep on it" for large transactions, we can all be impulsive sometimes. You're basically getting a Guitar Center "credit card" with a very high APR. I ended up really liking this USED Gibson Les Paul Standard ($1600). If you don't spend more than you can pay back, it's a reasonable way to finance expensive gear: you get the gear right away and pay it back gradually. Special financing deals are automatically applied to … I'd say don't go crazy, if you get that LP put as lil as you can on a card. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field or ask the community. Anyways, the employee I was talking to said I could apply for their special financing offer and pay it off in a course of 6-12 months. Guitar Center began in 1959 as a store selling home organs in Hollywood. Make sure you love this guitar. Guitar Center General Information Description. I was thinking about getting really nice and the monthly payments would be much nicer than having to save it all for months and months. X amount paid over Y months, with or without accrued interest. Affirm offers instant financing for purchases online. Most 36 Month Financing are eligible for free shipping. This is a forum where guitarists, from novice to experienced, can explore the world of guitar through a variety of media and discussion. If you are spending $2000 and it costs $199 to buy into the program, you might as well be paying 10% interest. Thanks for visiting. 6 Twitter 115 Facebook LinkedIn 93 Reddit Email California-based Guitar Center plans to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, according to the company. plus if you do this then you can accumulate a few extra points for your credit score. 2) Do I get the guitar right away when I start the financing plan, or do I have to wait 6 months after its fully payed off to get the guitar? Follow Yahoo Finance on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Flipboard, LinkedIn, YouTube, and reddit. As with credit cards in general, if you are careful and avoid paying interest, you can save quite a bit of money, but just remember one of the ways they can justify giving away money and promotional deals is because not everyone is able to avoid the interest charges. For $1600 used you could buy 2 Fender Strats, 2 Teles and a Klon, just as an example. U.S. Zzounds, Same Day Music and American Musical Supply are also owned by a single company. If you aren't, you're probably going to get fucked with ridiculous interest. Guitar Center is a musical instrument retailer that carries guitars, amps and effect, live sound, recording, keyboard and many other products to cater to all types of musician's needs. A Note about rondo Music. Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information and entertainment. Get the latest Guitar Center coupon codes to discover incredible savings on guitars, amps, drums, and more. Here ar… Zero money down and no finance charges! You just have to make sure that you make those monthly payments on time. 6 months special financing* With credit approval, use your Micro Center Insider® credit card for special financing for 6 months. Some background: I grew up working at my Dad’s farm store in Vermont and thus developed a lifelong commitment to Real Business. I've done the Sweetwater and Zzounds split payments programs before. Retailer Guitar Center Files for Bankruptcy; The retailer has negotiated to have a total of $375 million in debtor-in-possession financing from its existing lenders and intends to raise $335 million in new senior secured notes, the company said in a statement. your username. Thanks for visiting. Get the best price on 36 Month Financing at Guitar Center. Guitar Center is your one stop shop for all things music. One of my most nostalgic moments was being an 18 year old kid (in a steady band already), browsing Guitar Center, noticing the store credit card and having that epiphany...they gave me $1100!! Save on a wide range of instrumental equipment at Guitar Center. I am unsure of how financing works but I am eyeballing around $10,000 in total equipment (audio interface, either a les paul or a prs custom 24, a digital drumset, midi keyboard, seagull brand acoustic guitar, some low-end synth, microphone of some sort, basic guitar pedals and a better bass). You may not have to pay interest if the balance is paid off before your introductory period is over. Conclusion: Unlike most Synchrony cards, the Guitar Center Gear Credit Card seems to stand out from the norm of their generic cards with just a “special financing offer” attached and no other perk to give consumers to lean on. The details are on their site. Guitar Center Coupon 20% Printable August 2020. So I went to guitar center today and played a few guitars. Guitar Center is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, the latest company to go bankrupt during the pandemic that has decimated America's retail sector. Press J to jump to the feed. Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information and entertainment. It's good as long as you have good credit and are responsible. They can't take your guitar away, but you'll likely have to pay a fee if you default, and then it's just shitty on your credit too, so it's kinda worse than getting your guitar taken away if you continually fuck up. Just keep saving, get the most out of what you can, keep an eye on the classifieds, and buy it when you can afford it. Just make sure that you are paying at least the minimum per month, and that it is complete before the financing is up. Guitar Center also has a 30-day layaway program, requiring 25% of the price total to be deposited up front. I got a guitar on financing from GC and paid it back with no interest. If you don't you get the interest from the whole time you had the loan slammed as soon as it is due. Has anyone ever gone with it? Milbank LLP served as legal counsel, BRG served as restructuring advisor, and Houlihan Lokey was financial advisor to the company. Yeah, it's legit. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The Guitar Center Essentials Card application is an in-cart offer during the online checkout process. The big question you should be asking yourself is can you pay it off during the promotional period and will you ever have to miss a payment if circumstances change? All this is contingent on you getting approved for the card in the first place, but I believe they'll extend most people some amount of credit. Guitar Center With a Guitar Center Gear Card, you’ll get exclusive financing offers. If you've got good credit you'd be better off applying for a credit card with no interest for x months and getting travel rewards or cash back for it plus you'd get longer to pay. Minimum purchase of $240 required. That means don't mod it or break it until its yours. Credit is great if used properly but its very very easy to get overwhelmed and then you're sunk. If you’re a novice or want to improve your skills, check out the great lessons available through Guitar Center! Welcome! Press J to jump to the feed. With lessons available at more than 280 locations, there’s bound to be one near you - and with a Guitar Center coupon code on board, you could save on upgrading your skill set. This is a forum where guitarists, from novice to experienced, can explore the world of guitar through a variety of media and discussion. Not to mention the 10-80% savings you can get buying mint-condition "used" gear. I have heard some good and bad things about their financing plan, what is your opinion? *Offer applies only to single-receipt qualifying purchases, excluding the following: Stick Club and String Club memberships, special orders, gift cards, Guitar Center Rentals, Guitar Center Lessons, used items, vintage items, open box items, clearance items and any purchase where a manual discount is taken at register. Guitar Center said it had reached a restructuring deal with its controlling owner, a fund managed by private equity firm Ares Management, which acquired its stake in Guitar Center in 2014.