My freezer is stocked full of bags of all kinds and it has made dinner time quicker. Here's a one-pot meal recipe that's perfect for a … I used shredded Parm and it made great crispy chips... thank you! A 10-inch skillet is a perfect size for this, and I love the Copper Chef one I’m using here ! Remove … Mashed Cauliflower. Mound cauliflower rice in the center of a sheet pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Quickly stir fry for about 3 – 4 minutes or until cauliflower is just beginning to turn tender. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again—fresh produce is always ideal. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. new potatoes, chickpeas, medium curry powder, ground cumin, turmeric and 9 more. Especially with times like we find ourselves in currently, frozen vegetables are an absolute must have. Fresh cauliflower looked so good at the summer's Farmer's Market. Drain using a colander and pat dry with a towel to remove excess water. Warm, cheesy bakes aren’t all about the pasta, okay? Roast for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the cauliflower is browned with crispy parmesan edges! Not only is this a great way to use up those loose odds and ends of frozen produce that you’ve got tucked away in your freezer, but it’s also a simple, easy way to introduce more vegetables into a comfort food dinner. (You don't want watery rice!) Frozen Cauliflower Rice Recipe. I already have recipes for roasted frozen carrots , roasted frozen brussel sprouts, and frozen broccoli, so of course cauliflower needed to be next on my list to make! How to make roasted cauliflower from a bag of frozen cauliflower. This roasted frozen cauliflower is easy to make and tastes amazing! Cauliflower has gone from a trusted side dish to the superhero of low-carb replacements and everything in between. When it comes to our cruciferous friend, cauliflower, the sentiment remains the same. Give the frozen florets a toss in some olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast them in a hot oven for 25 minutes or so. I don’t have a nonstick pan. I always suggest cooking spray when preparing frozen vegetables, as it is much easier to make sure everything is well coated. In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring six cups of water to a boil. Sprinkle garlic and drizzle olive oil over the top of the cauliflower rice and toss to combine. BravissimoS/Getty Images, 6 Ways to Make Frozen Cauliflower Into Something Delicious. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cream-of-cauliflower-soup Thanks for sharing!! Credit: Add soup, sour cream, butter, onion, 1 cup cheese, salt … Place the cauliflower on a nonstick sheet pan. Be sure to leave a star rating below! This easy roasted frozen cauliflower is the answer to trying a new vegetable side dish this week! This was amazing! Roasting cauliflower without any fuss and no chopping required is perfect for busy nights (or for when you are cooking dinner for what feels like the 100th night in a row). Wins all around! (Line the pan … This cauliflower was the favorite food on my plate. Add cauliflower rice, green onions, cooked carrots and frozen peas. For breaded cauliflower, if you don’t have nutritional yeast … Transfer the cauliflower to a small 1.5 quart (1.4 L) casserole dish in a single layer. Cooked, fresh cauliflower without any added salt has 19 milligrams of sodium in each cooked cup, reports the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The ingredients include mushrooms, white wine, cream, and I like to toss on shrimp. Roast it for tacos. The technique is so simple. Finish off the concoction with cream and grated Parmesan cheese (because, DUH), and serve as is, or blend it for a silky smooth consistency. You can also add a pinch of salt to the boiling cauliflower, if desired. Or follow instructions on package. You can use … Most items are pantry staples, however other spices can easily be substituted if you do not have them on hand. You can At the same time, there’s plenty of delicious, easy options if a humble bag of frozen cauliflower is what is in the cards for you on any given day. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8- x 8-inch baking dish or 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. https://lectinfreefoodie.com/the-most-delicious-roasted-frozen-cauliflower-recipe Place the frozen cauliflower florets on a nonstick baking sheet and spray generously with olive oil spray to coat Sprinkle on even amounts of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder until evenly coated Roast at 450 degrees for 15 minutes without flipping Remove from the oven after 15 minutes, and stir/flip the cauliflower For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Just spray with the olive oil spray first. For an easy, warm concoction that is just begging for an extra burst of veggies (they are all begging for it, trust me), consider tossing in some florets into your next curry or stew. You'd be surprised what these frozen florets are capable of. We've been burned by so many supposed 4-5 star blog recipes lately that just turn out to be blah. Try this, and you may just find yourself seriously surprised at the wonders you can create in the kitchen without ever having to step foot in the produce aisle. I want to see! Soooo good! Drizzle veggies lightly with oil, then sprinkle with desired seasonings. It’s best to start by cooking your protein and then reserving it on a plate. This recipe comes together rather quickly, especially if you’re using pre-packaged riced cauliflower.If you don’t want to use the frozen kind, you can always buy riced cauliflower fresh. In this recipe, the broccoli and cauliflower … It’s super easy. 1 … Par-boil and drain the cauliflower before incorporating it into your casserole, and add whatever additional casserole components that tickle your fancy. Frozen Cauliflower. Use olive oil cooking spray to generously coat the top of the cauliflower. Recipes like Cauliflower Risotto and Korean Steak, Kimchi & Cauliflower Rice Bowls are delicious, filling and perfect for making freezer-friendly meals. Recipe tips and questions: If your cauliflower was cooked from frozen and seems soggy, it needs to cook longer. Then, pulse the cauliflower in the food processor until it reaches a rice-like texture. I just used salt and garlic powder, with the hit of parm. Be sure to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations! If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and stir/flip the cauliflower. Thank you for introducing us to a new way of making easy veggie side dishes! Seasoned and enhanced with walnut pieces made a quick side dish. Next up, get your wok or skillet super hot and toss in your frozen cauliflower (plus any other frozen veggies that you might desire). Frozen vegetables are one of the easiest dinner time sides. I froze several bags, then this winter wondered how to fix it other than boiling to get soggy limp cauliflower. Most cauliflower soup recipes instruct you to use an entire head of fresh cauliflower -- or about 2 1/4 cups of frozen cauliflower -- for soups that will yield enough for six servings. Once the cauliflower is sprayed, sprinkle on even amounts of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Start with sauteed onions, or whatever vegetables you want as the base of your soup (leeks would be nice), in a large pot; add stock/broth, and once the liquid is boiling, add your frozen cauliflower. No need to stir, just sprinkle so that it is all evenly covered. While the cauliflower is cooking, heat butter over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Over 290 recipes from roasted cauliflower, soups and salads to cauliflower rice, mashed potatoes and even wings! If you are feeding more than 2-3, just double this recipe! This will help the cauliflower edges crisp up! You will need one bag of frozen cauliflower. Did you make this recipe? I normally hate frozen veggies because of the texture after cooking. Very tasty - I didn't have olive oil spray so I put a little olive oil on the bottom of the pan and used regular spray over the top. If you’ve got the time and money for fresh florets, then by all means, do that. Roasting from frozen allows us to get the perfect texture and those delicious crispy edges. Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations! Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe Natalie, thanks for leaving a comment! No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. If you wanted, you could also incorporate some boiled potatoes for a stronger, starchier flavor/texture, and the kids will have no idea that they’re even eating vegetables. I use a covered dish with about a tablespoon of water on the "frozen vegetable" setting. Learn how your comment data is processed. Easy roasted frozen cauliflower recipe with crispy parmesan edges. Add the garlic and Sautee for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic fragrant and begins to turn golden. We coat the frozen cauliflower florets in some mild spices and oil and lemon … Frozen roasted vegetables are my go to side these days. My whole family ate every last bit of this, even the ones that "don't like cauliflower". Drain them, add in some cheese, butter, sour cream, or whatever you might add to a mashed potato situation, and give the mixture a good mashing, or run it through a food processor. Here are the ingredients to make this cauliflower rice pilaf. Do not allow the cauliflower to thaw before cooking. Once it's done, squeeze the bag over the sink a few times to release some of the liquid. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Spread frozen cauliflower in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Frozen cauliflower rice is reasonably priced, especially since store brands are available from most grocers. All you need is a bag of frozen cauliflower, olive oil, and a few spices to make this simple dish your family will love. Mix up your taco Tuesday routine and slip cauliflower into the tortillas. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I just used olive oil, salt and pepper and didn't even flip because I forgot. Swapping in frozen cauliflower rice for brown rice will save you a ton of time in the kitchen and you’ll get in an extra serving of vegetables while you’re at it. Add garlic, season with salt and pepper, and then continue to stir fry until garlic is fragrant, By thawing first, microwaving for about 1 minute and draining well, it was ready for a quick stir fry. Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes! Yes, it can be done! MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Roast it, mash it and more with these cauliflower-centric ideas. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/frozen-cauliflower-recipes Easy, Creamy Cauliflower Risotto is a quick keto and low carb recipe prepared using frozen or fresh riced cauliflower. As I mentioned above, use this as a loose template. Bring your frozen florets to a boil (in water, or stock for an extra kick of flavor) … Really enjoyed it and happy that it didn't get mushy. When you need a fast and healthy side dish, frozen vegetables are the answer! A healthy take on a loaded baked potato, this creamy cauliflower soup recipe has all the fixings of a loaded potato (bacon included) but for way fewer calories and carbs. The recipe is simple, but it’s all in the method! In a large bowl beat eggs. I'm happy to say this is a winner. They’ll still achieve that crackly texture and golden-brown color like their fresh counterparts, but if you’re not entirely pleased with the final product, a sprinkling of grated Parmesan wouldn’t hurt (are you starting to notice a pattern with the cheese here?). Roasted frozen cauliflower is tender & soft on the inside and it has a slightly crispy texture outside, which is perfect. Watch Now: How to Make Smoky Cauliflower Hummus. Because simply steaming is definitely the most lackluster, unexciting way to prepare this understated freezer item, here are some clever ideas to make the most out your next bag. This is for sure going to be one of my weekly veggie sides! I was skeptical of this working, but it turned out great! Once boiling, add frozen cauliflower and cook until fork-tender, or for approximately eight to ten minutes. Drizzle with olive oil and toss so that the florets are lightly coated with oil. Cauliflower is a versatile veggie that can be dressed up in many ways. One thing I notice is that we always regret not making more. Toss in some sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and any other aromatics to add a serious flavor kick to the whole dish. Add peas, carrots, and broccoli and cook until soft. See all you can do with that head of cauliflower. Bring your frozen florets to a boil (in water, or stock for an extra kick of flavor) and let them cook until slightly softened. Printable recipe card below. frozen raspberries, oats, frozen cauliflower, water, banana, ground flaxseed and 2 … MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Microwave a bag of frozen cauliflower per the instructions on the bag. Posted on Last updated: October 3, 2020 Categories Sides & Extras, Vegetarian. I like to defrost frozen rice on the counter for about 15 minutes ahead of time, and then squeeze out some of the excess water before adding it to the pan. This roasted cauliflower is so delicious I could have eaten the whole batch myself! Sprinkle with lemon juice. When you … If using frozen cauliflower, break up any frozen clumps, but do NOT defrost. Roasted Aloo Gobi (Potatoes and Cauliflower) This classic (and familiar) potato-and … Build Your Bite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, Build Your Bite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Place the frozen cauliflower florets on a nonstick baking sheet and spray generously with olive oil spray to coat, Sprinkle on even amounts of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder until evenly coated, Roast at 450 degrees for 15 minutes without flipping, Remove from the oven after 15 minutes, and stir/flip the cauliflower, Spray again with olive oil spray, then sprinkle on powdered parmesan cheese over the tops of the cauliflower florets, Roast an additional 5 - 10 minutes, until florets are browned with crispy edges. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium/high heat. However, we are not perfect beings and we surely don’t live in a perfect world, so sometimes, frozen produce is just the way it goes. Do not thaw first! From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. The cauliflower will take on the flavor of the curry or stew without watering down the dish. Place the cauliflower in the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes without touching it. Ingredients. While it may not be ideal, remember, the world isn’t perfect and neither are our crucifers. Prep the cauliflower: Place the cauliflower florets in a bowl. Cook the entire bag of cauliflower in the microwave. Saute onions until tender. Similar to the mashed cauliflower, but thinner! It’s very important to place the cauliflower straight from the freezer to the tray, with the oven already preheated. Toss with minced garlic. Add frozen cauliflower (or fresh riced cauliflower) to the pan. @Suzanne, Hi, you can use any pan. You can also make your own by blending a head of cauliflower in a food processor or high-power blender . This recipe has the absolute best seasoning combination! Ready in a quick 20 minutes, this easy soup is great for busy weeknights or can be meal prepped ahead of time to take for lunch or frozen for a ready-made meal down the road. You can't go wrong with this simple side dish! Spray the cauliflower again with a light layer of olive oil cooking spray, then sprinkle powdered parmesan cheese over the tops of the florets. The hot surface will keep your veggies crisp as opposed to wet and soggy. Are you making this recipe? Frozen Broccoli and Cauliflower Seasoning. Try making this for dinner and let me know what you think! Let’s make some low carb pilaf. We’re all doing our best here, and there is no shame in your frozen veggie game. What do you suggest? Anyone who tells you that frozen vegetables don’t work well in stir fries is wrong. Use these cauliflower rice recipes as inspiration and feel free to tweak and season to taste!