A colorectal surgeon has proposed a colonoscopy and upper GI endoscopy procedure. Feels like I am trying to swallow nails when I eat solid... View answer, it might never happen again. Can i drink after a endoscopy Download Here Free HealthCareMagic App to Ask a Doctor All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. Thanks for consulting me.I can easily realize your health worries. As long as the majority of your diet is low residue and you drink plenty of water you will be fine. You can have juice Right after the procedure, you can already consume a bit of juice, says Community Health Network. "can i drink alcohol the same day after an endoscopy? Endoscopy smoking effect of smoking after endoscopy. In this post, I’m going to be very frank about what will happen to you, or your child in an endoscopy/colonoscopy. Is this serious enough to disclose when I am going to have an endoscopy done. Go. Q: Can I drive after my procedure? Be mindful of your needs. I had a CT scan for abdomen, It was normal study. Each endoscopy department has different protocols. what can i eat an drink now after having an upper endoscopy just had it done 1 hour later My gastroenterologist has me... View answer, Hi, I'm 36 years old , I recently had a upper endoscopy , I've been diagnosed with gastritis , I'm on 40mg of Nexium . Your doctor may also recommend you follow a soft, low-residue diet immediately after the procedure. The lining of stomach and food pipe gets evulsed with tube of endoscope inserted inside. You may be given a laxative to help clear your bowels if you're having a colonoscopy to examine the large intestine, or a sigmoidoscopy to examine the rectum and lower part of the bowel. But when I move my lip to eat or drink, it feels like there s a string inside pulling from ... View answer. Thanks for the helpful reply regarding drinking water 2 hours before an endoscopy. Sep 2, 2008 #1 This is such an alcoholic thing to ask but I have access to really good Blue Jays tickets on the evening of my endoscopy day. was it repeated. If we did not give you a throat spray, you can eat and drink right after the procedure is finished. Your email address will not be published. And what happens if I DID smoke after ...Hi~ I just had an endoscopy yesterday and they took a tissue sample for a biopsy . 1 of 2 Go to page. 3. It's even hard to breathe most of the times when there is bloating. do not eat or drink anything for at least six hours before the procedure, or as directed by your doctor or nurse. When you can eat often depends on your appetite and your recovery speed. A: No, you must have someone with you that is able to drive you home due to the effects of the deep sedation you received during your procedure. an upper endoscopy requires that you have an empty stomach before the procedure. Do the best you can. Been about 24 hours since I got home. Can I use a small amount of 2% milk in EARLY morning coffee, then start my clear liquid? Then have soft foods like pudding, soup and eggs. I'm getting a scope and they're going to put me under. 2. what was the exact report of endoscopy. when was it done. Drinking lots of fluid and fluid-based foods will help you avoid dehydration. Depending on what part of your body is being looked at, you will probably be asked to avoid eating and drinking for several hours before you have an endoscopy. Stomach cramps can also come as a result of drinking your prep too fast. Dr. Julie Abbott answered. Your throat may feel a little sore for 24 to 48 hours. To answer your question: YES, you CAN drink milk post-op as long as you could tolerate milk PRE-OP that is. No alcohol. When you feel you can do so, start slow by sipping water or other cool liquids. After an endoscopy, you can expect to feel the effects of the sedation wearing off. This is Esophagitis with or without GERD. There have been a very FEW that have complained about suddenly becoming lactose intolerant POST-OP. Drink plenty of fluids – milk is allowed from now on too. 4 hours after swallowing: You can have a light snack now (a small sandwich or small baked potato with filling) but no other food for another four hours. Endoscopy ... prolapse. Namely, milk and coke. Copyright 2020 © healthcaremagic.com. The pain is similar to pleurisy in that it is worse when I ... but they would not do an endoscopy . After this time, you can start with sips of water and cool liquids. If you’ve had a sedative, you must not drive, drink alcohol, operate machinery or sign legal documents for 24 hours afterwards. Lemonade, iced tea, soup broth (without vegetables, noodles, or meat), Gatorade, seltzer water, sodas, and water, are all considered clear liquids. I had an upper endoscopy ... the bare minimum if everything looks normal. Since then there s what looks like a large blister inside my lower lip. I am going for an endoscopy in a few weeks to check and see what is going on. ... an irregularity (I needed an EKG prior to having a breast lumpectomy) several years ago. By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions, and also soon after food. Milk does help provide a temporary buffer to gastric acid, but studies have shown that milk stimulates acid production, which can make you feel sick again after a short period of relief. So... View answer, I am so confused. All Rights Reserved. MD. We will work with you to determine when and how your procedure can be safely completed. If your throat has been sprayed with numbing medication, don’t eat anything for at least an hour after the procedure. Send thanks to the doctor. M. MoFo TRIBE Member. I can't really see the reason to exclude dairy. (Gastrointest Endosc … Why low fibre diet if you are trying to clear the bowel ... View answer. You are already signed-up with us. Then, here is all the new stuff I compiled after going through the process (and documenting it this time) again this week. Thread starter MoFo; Start date Sep 2, 2008; 1; 2; Next. A mild sedative may be given to patients who are unusually nervous. We allow low fibre cereals. Using cough drops or gargling with warm salty water can help. i have a birthday party tonight and i would like to have a few drinks, it's been about 6 hours."